Magento is the most used eCommerce platform to create eCommerce websites. It’s an opensource eCommerce platform developed using PHP and MySQL. It’s became more powerful and user friendly after release of Magento 2 version. The Magento 2 is fully responsive and allow to create powerful eCommerce system. So if you’re a Magento developer and looking for interview questions and answers, then you’re here at right place. Here we have listed few latest Magento interview questions related to Magento and Magento 2 for beginners and experience Magento developers.
Q 1. Tell me about Magento eCommerce platform.
Q 2. Why choose Magento for eCommerce website?
Ans. There many reasons and feature to choose Magento for eCommerce solutions.
- Its free open source eCommerce platfrom.
- Allows multitasking to merchants to manage things.
- It’s fully responsive to increase shopping experiance.
- It’s enable to create high performance eCommerce system.
- Allows easy integartions of themes and third party tools etc.
- Fully SEO friendly.
- Large Magento developers community to get update and solutions.
Q 3. What are the top features in Magento 2?
Ans. Here are the top features of Magento 2.
- More user friendly and flexible
- Fully responsive and touch friendly with drag and drop feature.
- Enhanced product management section.
- Enhanced checkout section.
- Added built in full page caching.
- High level shopping experiences.
- Secure payment with built-in integration with payment gateways like PayPal, Authorize.net etc.
- Added feature to backup and rollback system.
- Easy upgrade and maintenance.
Q 4. How Magento 2 is fundamentally different from Magento 1?
Ans. Her are some key features that makes Magento 2 different from Magento 1.
- Changes in module structure: With Magento 2, developers can create own component to enable or disable the component according to needs. Developers can easily replace core code with custom components.
- Easy Customization: There are technical knowledge needed in old Magento to customize themes etc. But in Magento 2, the design is provided with visual design editor with drag & drop feature to do custom changes without any technical knowledge.
- Changes in directory structure: In Magneto 2, there are many changes done to reduce number directory to 5 in place of 9. There are also changes done to categorize file system to make it more convenient for developers.
Q 5. How to check status of Cache in Magento 2
Ans. There are following command to check Cache status in Magneto 2.
- php bin/magento cache: status: Command to check status of Cache in Magento
Q 6. How to enable or disable Cache in Magento2?
Ans. there are following commands in Magento 2 to enable and disable Cache.
- Check status of Cache:
- php bin/magento cache:enable:Command to enable Cache in Magento.
- php bin/magento cache:disable: Command to disable Cache in Magento.
Q 7. How to clean Cache in Magento 2 ?
Ans. There are following command in Magento to clean Cache.
- php bin/magento cache:clean: Command to clean Cache in Magento.
Q 8. What’s the module definiton file in Magento?
Ans. In Magento2, the module definition file is module.xml and it is located at app/code/Module/etc/module.xml.
Q 9. What is the location of modules in Magento 2?
Ans. In Magento 2, the modules are located at vendor/magento directory.
Q 10. How easily we can upgrade Magento 2 ?
Ans. If you’re using Magento 2, then its very easy to update with latest versions. There are a dependency management tool call Composer to handle this.